Week In Review: Casinos, Bombing Trials, Gay Marriage Anniversary
Our panel considers Steven Crosby and the debate over casinos, the trials around the Boston Marathon bombings, the number of commencement speakers who’ve had their offers rescinded and the 10 year anniversary of gay marriage in Massachusetts.
Shannon O’Brien, former state treasurer and candidate for governor.
- “We were sitting there under the awning at City Hall and there were street sweepers going around and you knew that this had been reported around the country and I do remember sitting there thinking, ‘Well, I suppose somebody could just come up here and shoot us.’”
- “The chair of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission has recused himself from all matters related to the awarding of the eastern Massachusetts casino license.”
- “A federal judge on Thursday refused to suppress statements allegedly made by two friends of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev following the deadly 2013 bombing.”
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607