Cowan Named Interim U.S. Senator
Gov. Deval Patrick picked his former chief of staff, William “Mo” Cowan, to serve as the state’s interim U.S. senator until the successor to Sen. John Kerry is chosen in a special election on June 25.
Kerry gave his farewell address to the U.S. Senate this afternoon, before he begins his new job as the secretary of state.
- Nicholas Burns, a former diplomat, professor of international relations at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and the director of the Future of Diplomacy Project and faculty chair for the Programs on the Middle East and on India and South Asia
- John Carroll, writer of the Campaign Outsider blog and professor of communication at Boston University
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607