What’s The Future Of Zipcar?
Zipcar was once a scrappy startup that introduced the revolutionary idea of car-sharing. Now it’s been bought by the rental car giant, Avis.
Zipcar’s original founder and the Boston Globe’s innovation economist join Radio Boston to talk about what lies ahead for the company.
- Robin Chase, founder and CEO of Buzzcar, former CEO and founder of Zipcar
- Scott Kirsner, Boston Globe columnist and blogger, covering startups, venture capital and innovation in New England
- Avis Buying Zipcar In Deal Worth Nearly $500M
- Visionaries: Zipcar Founder Sees Success In Sharing
- Washington Post: How Avis Will Ruin Zipcar
- Wall Street Journal: Zipcar: Startup Genius, Public Failure
- New York Times: Car Sharing Catches On as Zipcar Sells to Avis
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607