Chris Smither: Cosmic Blues
Chris Smither grew up in New Orleans and landed in Boston’s folk scene in the 1960s.
He has the voice of a well traveled world weary bluesman. And over the years he’s recorded 11 studio albums. His latest album, “Hundred Dollar Valentine,” is his first of all original music.
Over four decades and 12 studio albums after he first came north, Smither is still living and performing in Massachusetts.
Smither joined Radio Boston in studio earlier this year in May.
- Chris Smither, musician
Chris Smither will be performing at:
- The Iron Horse in Northampton on Friday, December 7 at 7 p.m.
- Narrows Center For The Arts in Fall River on Saturday, December 8 at 8 p.m.
- Arts at the Amory in Somerville on Sunday, December 9 at 7 p.m.
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607