James ‘Whitey’ Bulger To Testify On His Own Behalf
Lawyers for alleged South Boston mobster James “Whitey” Bulger told a federal judge yesterday that they will no longer attempt to have the case against Bulger dropped.
Instead, they will take their chances with a jury at trial.
They added that Bulger will be taking the stand in his own defense, and will testify that members of the Justice Department offered him immunity from prosecution in exchange for his cooperation.
- David Boeri, WBUR reporter
- Lawyer: ‘Whitey’ Bulger Will Testify At His Trial
- Former U.S. Prosecutor ‘Skeptical’ Of Bulger Immunity Claim
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607