Spenser Returns, But Without Robert B. Parker
When crime writer Robert B. Parker died suddenly in 2010, fans feared his greatest creation may have died with him: Spenser. He is the tough guy with a quick wit, whose brains and talents as a chef match his heart of gold. The Boston private eye is one of the most famous and beloved characters in American detective fiction.
This month, Spenser is back in the new mystery, “Robert B. Parker’s Lullaby.” The title’s a tip-off. The book wasn’t written by Parker, but by a man with the improbably but true name of Ace Atkins.
You can read an excerpt of the book, below:
- Joan Parker, Robert B. Parker’s widow
- Ace Atkins, author of “Robert B. Parker’s Lullaby”
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607