House Leaders Unveil Long-Awaited Health Care Payment Bill
Massachusetts was the first state to achieve almost 100 percent insurance coverage. Now the state Legislature is taking aim at controlling the skyrocketing cost of health care.
On Friday, House leaders unveiled a long-awaited health care payment bill whose proposals include levying a tax on high cost hospitals, and capping how fast health care costs can rise. We take a closer look.
- Carey Goldberg, co-host, WBUR’s Commonhealth blog
- Jonathan Gruber, Professor of Economics at MIT; Director of the Health Care Program at the National Bureau of Economic Research
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607