Gaming Commission Interim Executive Director Pick Under Scrutiny
On Wednesday, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission named its interim executive director.
Stan McGee currently works for the Patrick administration as the assistant secretary for policy and planning in the Executive Office of Housing and Development. Starting Monday, McGee will be the new director of the gaming commission that will oversee new gambling establishments in the state.
But McGee has a skeleton in the closet. Or, as Commission Chair Stephen Crosby put it during Tuesday’s commission meeting, “an elephant in the room.”
Turns out there were allegations that McGee assaulted an underage boy at a Florida resort back in 2007.
Bianca Vazquez Toness was at a gaming commission’s forum Thursday and joins Radio Boston to talk about McGee’s appointment.
- Bianca Vázquez Toness, WBUR reporter
- The Boston Globe: Sex assault case haunts gambling director
- Transcript of the the commission’s open meeting on Monday, May 1
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607