M.T. Anderson: Writing Smart Books For Teens
Over the last four weeks we’ve been having conversations with visionaries in the arts around Boston — trailblazers who have garnered local and national acclaim for their work, and we conclude that series with M.T. Anderson.
Anderson is a renowned author of young adult fiction. But his books are smart books for teens — no vapid vampire romances here. His historical novel, “The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing,” about a young African slave in Revolutionary-era Boston, won a National Book Award in 2006.
Anderson joins Radio Boston to talk about his work.
- M.T. Anderson, author of young adult fiction
- M.T. Anderson: Pioneer Of Smart Young Adult Fiction
- Excerpts from M.T. Anderson’s books:
- WBUR Series: Visionaries
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607