Boston’s Red Line: A Hotbed For Innovation
On Thursday, biotech company Novartis broke ground on a new facility in Kendall Square that will expand their global headquarters for bio-medical research.
Startups are itching for Kendall Square addresses but as biotech and Internet giants continue to expand in the neighborhood, space is expensive and increasingly hard to come by.
As a result, companies are spreading out along Red Line and the trend is changing Greater Boston’s tech landscape.
- Curt Nickisch, WBUR Reporter
- Time Rowe, founder of the Cambridge Innovation Center
- Diane Hessan, president and CEO of Communispace
- Kendall Squared: Rising Rents Squeezing Startups
- Graph: Cambridge’s Office Market Driven By Tech Economy
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607