Littlefield On Sports: Red Sox Open Spring Training
If fifty degree weather in February doesn’t have you ready for spring, then maybe a little bit of baseball will.
The Red Sox officially opened spring training on Sunday, when pitchers and catchers reported for the start of the 2012 season. Already, it’s been a busy few days. They’ve welcomed new teammates to the club, said farewell to pitcher Tim Wakefield, and settled compensation negotiations with the Chicago Cubs for their former general manager, Theo Epstein.
With so much going on for the Red Sox, Bill Littlefield, host of NPR’s Only a Game, will stop by to fill us in on the latest developments from camp.
- Bill Littlefield, host, Only a Game.
More from WBUR:
- 2/17/2012: Commentary: Red Sox Knuckleballer Wakefield Retires
- 4/23/2011: Bill Littlefield speaks with Tim Wakefield
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607