Music School Looks To Re-Shape Future
The Longy School of Music has been around for nearly a century, although it’s often been overshadowed by its well-known neighbors, including Harvard and the Berklee College of Music. Currently, Longy is embroiled in a labor dispute with its faculty and is considering a complete makeover. We talk about Longy’s troubles, and about the dilemma of having so many music schools in one area.
- Geoff Edgers, arts reporter, Boston Globe
- Adam Ragusea, reporter, Radio Boston
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607