BMC Layoffs Expose Budget Woes
Layoffs at Boston Medical Center have exposed a major budget crisis there. The hospital — the city’s leading health care facility for needy populations — will eliminate 119 jobs and is projected to lose $175 million this year.
- Martha Bebinger, WBUR reporter
- Jeff Hall, Service Employees International Union
- Brian Rosman, research director for Health Care for All
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607