BMC Layoffs Expose Budget Woes
Layoffs at Boston Medical Center have exposed a major budget crisis there. The hospital — the city’s leading health care facility for needy populations — will eliminate 119 jobs and is projected to lose $175 million this year.
- Martha Bebinger, WBUR reporter
- Jeff Hall, Service Employees International Union
- Brian Rosman, research director for Health Care for All
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607