We want your ZIP-Code Story! The deadline for our current round is October 31st at 10 p.m. EST. Your fiction or non-fiction story must be 500 words or less and include the words apple, pickup truck and mask. For full rules and instructions on how to submit, see our submission FAQ.
ZIP-Code Stories is a collaboration between WBUR’s Radio Boston and The Drum, Boston’s audio literary magazine. It’s our effort to gather your stories about your neighborhoods.
Each round, we’ll pick ZIP codes or a theme and ask you to write a short story — 500 words — on that theme or location. Together, Radio Boston and The Drum will pick the best story from each ZIP code. We’ll then ask one of the authors to come into our studios to read an excerpt and tell us the story behind the story.
Learn more about how to submit your stories at our ZIP-Code Stories FAQ page.
Check out past ZIP-Code Stories we’ve featured:
- ZIP Code 02139 “Moment of Forgiveness”
- ZIP Code 01951: ‘The Sea Gives’
- ZIP Code 01890: ‘The Fells’
- ZIP Code 02563: ‘Sandwich’
- ZIP Code 02482: ‘Off The Map’
- ZIP Code 01702: ‘The Start of Something’
- ZIP Code 02151: ‘Revere Beach Incident’<
- ZIP Code 02657: ‘Bent’
- ZIP Code 02151: ‘In Revere, In Those Days’
- ZIP Code 02139: ‘Smedley’s Secret Guide To World Lit’
- ZIP Code 02446: ‘Sunshine Cleaners’
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607