Irish Novelist Colm Tóibín, Author Of ‘Brooklyn,’ On His Craft
There’s a lot said in very few words in some of Colm Tóibín’s writing. He’s author of “Brooklyn,” which was adapted into an Academy Award-nominated film last year. He’s also one of the most celebrated Irish novelists of today.
- “The novelist had much to say on the writing process, provincial life in literature and seeing his work on the big screen, at a recent Guardian Book Club event.”
- “She would adjust her posture, look around carefully as though deliberately pulling the light in toward her wonderfully expressive face. She created a barrier around herself. There were no more jokes, and there was nothing self-deprecating about her. She had moved from Ireland to America in a few seconds, or moved from being a child star to a stunning actress.”
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607