Bruins, Canadiens Face Off In Game 7
The Boston Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens have played each other more times in the playoffs than any other two teams in NHL history. Wednesday night is the last game of their 34th playoff battle, following Monday’s crushing defeat in Game 6 on Monday. The Canadiens beat the Bruins 4-0.
The rivalry runs deep, with numerous blogs and youtube videos of fans poking fun at Boston accents or Montreal food.
- “We keep telling ourselves the Bruins are better. They control the puck. They hit posts and crossbars. They have bad luck. But they are the better team.”
- “The thing that’s fun about Boston is when you go there, even if the Bruins lose and they lose badly on their ice, so long as they are putting up a good fight and they are in the corners and they are scrapping and they are being belligerent, Bruins fans are kind of OK with that. They still want the two points, but they want to see their team roll up the sleeves and get dirty.”
- “May 10th marked the 35th anniversary of an infamous night for Boston Bruins fans: the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty at the Forum that might have cost them the Stanley Cup.”
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607