Boston Chefs Win Big At James Beard Awards
If you ask which cities host America’s best restaurants, you have to give the nod to places like New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. But don’t count Boston out. This city has more than its share of well-known and accomplished chefs — and last night, two of them won some high honors at the James Beard Awards.
Jamie Bissonette, chef and owner of Coppa and Toro in Boston’s South End, was named Best Chef Northeast and Barbara Lynch of the Barbara Lynch Gruppo — known for restaurants like Menton, No. 9 Park, B&G Oysters and more — was named Outstanding Restaurateur, which has been called the biggest win of her career.
- “Boston-based restaurateur and renowned chef Barbara Lynch has another award to add to her trophy case.”
- “The film industry has the Oscars, the music industry has the Grammy Awards. If you’re a chef or restaurateur, you want a James Beard Award medal around your neck.”
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607