Live Coverage Of The 118th Running Of The Boston Marathon
We check in on the Boston Marathon and hear from WBUR reporters across the region. You can see WBUR’s real time map of the race here.
- “Thousands of spectators gathered on Boylston Street, the site of last year’s deadly bombings, to cheer on more than 35,000 runners — including Meb Keflezighi, the first American man to win the race since 1983, and Rita Jeptoo of Kenya, who set a course record in winning her third Boston Marathon.”
- “It was hotter than expected on Marathon Monday, and there may have been more charity or first-time runners than usual. Both these things could help explain why almost 4,000 runners and a few spectators walked or were wheeled into a medical tent along the course.
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607