Week In Review: Beacon St. Fire, Ortiz, Domestic Violence Bill
The cause of the deadly Back Bay blaze that killed two Boston firefighters comes out. Also this week, another Supreme Court ruling on campaign finance means more money in politics and big implications for political races around the region. Plus, Attorney General Martha Coakley leads bipartisan calls for tougher domestic violence laws in the wake of the Jared Remy case. And Big Papi at The White House — just an innocent picture or cynical marketing?
Shannon O’Brien, former state treasurer and candidate for governor.
- “Let’s face it, the charming selfie taken by David Ortiz with President Obama at the White House yesterday was a great picture. Ortiz and President Obama with their great big grins, Obama holding a Sox jersey with his name on it, all very re-tweetable.”
- “Sparks from a welding project for which no one had obtained a permit caused the wind-driven fire that tore through a Boston brownstone last week, killing two firefighters and injuring 13, officials said Friday.”
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607