Thousands Gather In Watertown To Remember Lt. Edward Walsh
Lt. Edward Walsh lost his life to a nine-alarm fire in the Back Bay last week.
A funeral Mass was held for Walsh today at St. Patrick’s Church in Watertown. Gov. Patrick, Mayor Walsh and thousands of firefighters were there to pay their respects.
- “A 43-year-old Boston firefighter killed with a colleague as they fought a nine-alarm apartment fire last week is being laid to rest.”
- “Last Wednesday, after they stood in her West Roxbury living room and told Kristen Walsh that her husband, Boston Fire Lieutenant Edward Walsh, had just been killed in the Back Bay, Richie Paris and Ed Kelly wanted to ease her pain.”
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607