Week In Review: Scott Brown, Marathon Security, Minimum Wage
We discuss this week’s top stories, from Scott Brown’s steps toward a run for Senate in New Hampshire, to new security measures for this year’s Boston Marathon, to the ongoing debate over whether to increase the minimum wage in Massachusetts.
- “Massachusetts House Speaker Robert A. DeLeo Thursday proposed gradually raising the state’s minimum wage from $8 to $10.50 an hour by the middle of 2016, brightening prospects for a wage hike to become law this year.”
- “That will be evident at the Boston library’s new section for teenagers. Teen Central is to become what is known as “homago” space — where teenagers can “hang out, mess around and geek out.” It will include lounges, restaurant booths, game rooms and digital labs, as well as software and equipment to record music and create comic books.”
- “Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown has notified executives at Fox News Channel that he intends to form an exploratory committee to enter New Hampshire’s U.S. Senate race against Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, a move cheered by Republicans in New Hampshire and Washington.”
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607