What This Year’s Marathon Will Look Like
One year after the deadly bombings that shook this city, public safety officials have announced a long list of security measures designed to keep runners and viewers safe.
- “Public safety officials are asking spectators to leave large bags at home for this year’s Boston Marathon.”
- “Runners and the more than one million spectators expected to watch the Boston Marathon next month will be met by a number of enhanced safety measures after last year’s deadly bombing, including thousands of uniformed and plainclothes officers, bomb-sniffing dogs, and additional surveillance cameras, the authorities said on Monday.”
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607