Tsarnaev Trial Date Set For Nov. 3
A status hearing Wednesday for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev lasted less than 30 minutes, but it did establish a critical piece of information.
Judge George O’Toole has set Tsarnaev’s trial date for Nov. 3 — almost a year sooner than the defense wanted to start the trial.
WBUR’s Sacha Pfeiffer talks with a reporter who attended the hearing in federal court.
- “Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was given a November trial date over the strenuous objections of his attorneys, who said Wednesday that they won’t have enough time to mount a defense in a terrorism case that carries a possible death penalty.”
- “After the hearing was over, bombing survivor Marc Fucarile, said, ‘I think it should be sooner. Why not? Everybody should be on the same page. It’s pretty cut and dry with the evidence. Don’t waste anybody’s time.'”
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607