U.S. Senate Candidate Ed Markey
Edward Markey is Massachusetts’ longest serving U.S representative. He’s been continually elected by high margins since 1976, when he won the special election to succeed Rep. Torbert Macdonald, who died in office.
Markey campaign ad
Now, 37 years later, Rep. Markey has again entered a special election race for Secretary of State John Kerry’s vacant U.S. Senate seat. For the first time in many years, the 66-year-old veteran politician from Malden has a fight on his hands.
Edward Markey, U.S. Representative for the 5th Congressional District of Massachusetts
- Where Lynch And Markey’s Voting Records Diverge
- WBUR Poll: Markey, Sullivan Hold Primary Leads, But Many Are Undecided
- Mass. GOP Files Ethics Complaint Against Markey
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607