Week In Review: Senate Race; Storm Aftermath; Whitey In Court
We’ll talk about the special election race for the U.S. Senate, which began to take shape this week. A strange and surprising twist in the case against reputed mobster James “Whitey” Bulger. And, the post-storm clean-up.
- John Carroll, mass communication professor, Boston University; blogger, CampaignOutsider.com
- Dante Ramos, deputy editorial page editor for The Boston Globe
Scott Brown is now a contributor to Fox News. Watch his debut here.
WBUR: “The poll, conducted by the MassINC Polling Group, finds that 38 percent of likely Democratic primary voters say they would vote for U.S. Rep. Ed Markey, of Malden, while 31 percent say they would vote for U.S. Rep. Stephen Lynch, of South Boston.”
Boston Globe: “Climate change is raising the sea level — right now a little faster than an eighth of an inch per year. Most of that is due to the expansion of seawater as the ocean slowly warms. Within 30 years, we could see the high tide mark advancing upwards as fast as a few inches per decade.”
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607