Patrick Calls For Income Tax Hike, Sales Tax Cut
Gov. Deval Patrick went big in his State of the State speech last night, calling for a major restructuring of the Massachusetts tax code.
His plan would add $1.9 billion in revenue to state coffers, which the governor wants to invested in schools, transportation and what he calls “innovation.” A lot of the money would go toward rail service from the Berkshires to Cape Cod, a stabilized MBTA and the construction of new schools.
- Michael Widmer, president of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation
- You can watch the State of the Commonwealth address here
- Boston Globe “Patrick pushes for income tax hike“
- CBS News “Gov. Patrick Calls For Income Tax Hike“
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607