Exploring Our Social Connectedness In This Digital Age
In this digital age, we “check in” wherever we go. Texts, posts, tags and tweets have forever changed the way we work, live and interact with one another. But in the midst of this digital revolution, there is increasing concern about the price we might be paying by always being plugged in.
For the next five weeks, Radio Boston — in conjunction with WBUR at large — will be hosting an exploration of these issues in a series called “Digital Lives”.
- Iris Adler, WBUR program manager
- William Powers, award-winning journalist and author of “Hamlet’s Blackberry: Building A Good Life in the Digital Age”
- Nancy Baym, principal researcher with Microsoft, based in Cambridge, and author of the book, “Personal Connections in the Digital Age”
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607