Local Reaction To Indian Gang Rape
Protesters have taken to the streets across India following the death of a young woman who was gang-raped on a bus by five men and who later died of her injuries.
To learn more about the local reaction to this tragic case, we speak with a member of Saheli, an organization dedicated to the safety and empowerment of South Asian women in the Greater Boston area.
- Rita Shah, family services coordinator at Saheli
- Associated Press: 5 Men Charged With Murder In New Delhi Gang Rape
- Atlantic: India’s Gender-Equity Problem
- New York Times: Indian Women March: ‘That Girl Could Have Been Any One of Us’
- The Guardian: India’s Bitter Culture Of Rape And Violence
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607