CommonHealth: Is Mass. Public Health In Danger?
When Gov. Deval Patrick recently announced a $540 million dollar gap in the state budget, every state organization immediately worried about how deeply the ensuing cuts would bite into their funding — none more so than the Department of Public Health.
In fact, public health advocates are so concerned about the potential consequences of further cuts that they sent a letter (PDF) to Gov. Patrick saying that the state’s public health infrastructure is already “not meeting basic needs.”
- Carey Goldberg, co-host of WBUR’s Commonhealth blog
- Toby Fisher, executive director of the Massachusetts Public Health Association
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607