Cognoscenti: Can You Be A Feminist Without Calling Yourself One?
In our weekly Cognoscenti opinion segment, we hear from Tufts University professor Sarah Sobieraj about why she thinks so many millennial women eschew the feminist label while still espousing feminist ideals.
- Sarah Sobieraj, associate professor of sociology at Tufts University. She specializes in media, politics and culture and is the author of “Soundbitten: The Perils of Media-Centered Political Activism.”
- Cognoscenti: Why Doesn’t Katy Perry Want To Be Called A Feminist?
- Slate: Stop Calling Yourself A Feminist
- The New Yorker: Lift And Separate: Why Is Feminism Still So Divisive?
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607