Wesley Morris: Hollywood Needs More Diversity
Pulitzer Prize-winning film critic Wesley Morris is calling on Hollywood to include a more diverse array of actors to reflect the reality of the country’s demographics.
In his piece, “With A Changing Nation, Why Is TV So White?,” Morris argues:
Generally, TV is crawling forward with its assortment of token characters, which means it is still a landscape in which people of color are rarely seen talking to each other.
Morris joins Radio Boston to explain why Hollywood needs to wake up and truly look at the audience it’s working to entertain.
- Wesley Morris, film critic for The Boston Globe
- Boston Globe: With A Changing Nation, Why Is TV So White?
- Entertainment Weekly: Oscars And Casting: Hollywood Insiders Discuss Diversity
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607