Remembrance: Dr. Joseph E. Murray
In its obituary, The Associated Press begins:
Dr. Joseph E. Murray, who performed the world’s first successful kidney transplant and won a Nobel Prize for his pioneering work, has died. He was 93.
We remember the career and life of the doctor, who died in Boston Monday.
- Gideon Gil, health and science editor of The Boston Globe
- Mass. Transplant Doctor, Nobel Winner Murray Dies At 93
- Boston Globe: Joseph E. Murray, 93, Performed First Successful Organ Transplant
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607