Foster Care Class-Action Lawsuit
Is the foster care system in Massachusetts broken? A child welfare advocacy group says yes — profoundly broken.
The group Children’s Rights released a new wave of reports claiming abuse, neglect and inadequate organizational support within the Massachusetts foster care system.
The group also filed a class-action suit against the state in 2010. The case is currently pending in Springfield Federal Court and set to go to trial next January.
- Angelo McClain, commissioner of the Department of Children and Families
- Tracy Feild, director of the child welfare strategy group Annie E Casey Foundation
- Marcia Robinson Lowry, executive director, Children’s Rights
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607