‘Whitey’ Bulger Case: Should Judge Recuse Himself?
This week we learned that former Boston mobster James “Whitey” Bulger plans to testify at his own trial, opting to take his immunity defense to a jury.
At issue is the judge presiding over the case, Richard Stearns. Defense attorneys say they believe the judge cannot be impartial in this case, and that’s why they want to come before a jury.
- David Boeri, WBUR reporter
- Should Bulger Trial Judge Recuse Himself?
- James ‘Whitey’ Bulger To Testify On His Own Behalf
- Former U.S. Prosecutor ‘Skeptical’ Of Bulger Immunity Claim
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607