Is Boston The Best Place To Raise A Family?
Parenting magazine just ranked Boston first on its “Best Cities for Families” list. Parenting says Boston benefits from, “A thrilling hometown baseball team, incredible institutions of higher learning, and a new highway system,” among other things.
Today, the Annie E. Casey Foundation released their annual Kids Count report, which ranked Massachusetts the second-best state in the country for a child’s well being — just behind New Hampshire. So the picture looks pretty good for families and children in our state, but beneath the topline numbers, there’s a more complex picture.
- Noah Berger, executive director of the Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center
- Jerry Mogul, executive director of Massachusetts Advocates for Children
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607