Why The U.S. Should Adopt Massachusetts’ Gun Control Laws
As the country grapples with the horror of the Friday shootings in Aurora, Colorado, the usual debate is springing up: the pros and cons of gun control. Recently, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg both threw their hats in the ring, urging the presidential candidates and Congress to address the issue.
Here in Massachusetts, we have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, including mandatory background checks and a ban on assault weapons — which Mitt Romney signed when he was governor.
- John Rosenthal, founder of the advocacy group Stop Handgun Violence
- Suspect In Colorado Shooting Appears In Court
- Obama: ‘Out Of This Darkness, A Brighter Day Is Going To Come’
- Menino On Guns: Let’s Fix The System
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607