Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Health Care Act
Today the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the basic provisions of the federal health care overhaul law, handing President Obama a huge victory. Our focus today: what this means for health care consumers in Massachusetts and how this decision affects the local politics of health care and the election this fall.
- Carey Goldberg, co-host of WBUR’s CommonHealth blog
- Jim Roosevelt, President and CEO of Tufts Health Plan, also serves as chairman of the board of directors for the Massachusetts Association of Health Plans
- Meredith Rosenthal, professor of Health Economics and Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Jonathan Gruber, professor of economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, instrumental in the federal individual mandate part of the health care law
- Michael Dukakis, Governor of Massachusetts from 1975–1979, 1983–1991
- Richard Tisei, Republican candidate for Congress in the Massachusetts 6th District
- Lyle Denniston, veteran Supreme Court reporter for WBUR and SCOUTSblog
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607