‘The Inside’ For A New Generation
Early in her career, Boston University playwright Lydia Diamond wrote an autobiographical one-woman show called “The Inside,” about her experiences growing up black in mostly white environments.
Now Diamond’s protege, actor and playwright Tasia Jones, is updating “The Inside” for the 21st century, and bringing it to an unlikely venue: Dot2Dot Cafe in Dorchester.
- Tasia Jones, star and co-writer, “The Inside”
- Adobuere Ebiama, artistict director, Can’t Wait Productions
- “The Inside” by Lydia Diamond, adapted by Tasia A. Jones and directed by Corianna Moffatt May 3-6 at the Dot2Dot Cafe in Dorchester, Mass.
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607