High Temps For 116th Boston Marathon Slow Runners
Wesley Korir, a Kenyan citizen and permanent resident of the U.S., won the Boston Marathon on Monday in 2:12:40. Sharon Cherop won the women’s race by 2 seconds, outsprinting Jemima Jelagat Sumgong, to win in 2:31:50.
Last year’s winner, Geoffrey Mutai, dropped out after 18 miles with cramps.
WBUR’s Alex Ashlock was at the finish line and joins Radio Boston to talk about the race. Jon Marcus, of My Secret Boston, also joins us to talk marathon trivia.
- Alex Ashlock, WBUR reporter
- Jon Marcus, editor and founder My Secret Boston
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607