CommonHealth: Clear Instructions For Patients, Not Just Pets
BOSTON Every time CommonHealth guest-blogger Ken Farbstein takes his dog Jackson to see his veterinarian, Ken leaves with a printed summary of notes from Jackson’s visit.
That recently got him thinking; if my dog gets a printed summary of health tips, why shouldn’t I?
A professional patient advocate at Patient AdvoCare, Farbstein wrote the book “Getting Your Best Health Care: Real-World Stories for Patient Empowerment.” He joined Radio Boston to discuss the benefits of and obstacles to getting this kind of service from your doctor.
- Ken Farbstein, patient advocate at Patient AdvoCare, author of “Getting Your Best Health Care: Real-World Stories for Patient Empowerment.”
- Carey Goldberg, CommonHealth co-host
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607