ZIP Code 01701: ‘The Start of Something'
Radio Boston and The Drum, Boston’s Audio Literary Magazine have teamed up to ask you to write about your neighborhoods, in a project called ZIP-Code Stories. We are happy to announce this round’s ZIP-Code Stories winner: author, Liz Moore.
Moore is an author and writing professor who now lives in Philadelphia and has won round two with her story “The Start of Something” about her native Framingham.
Moore’s second book, “Heft,” will be published by W.W. Norton and Company. She joins us in studio to read her story and talk about her evolving feelings towards her hometown.
- LISTEN: Liz Moore reads her whole story for The Drum
- Round Three: We’ve chosen the following ZIP-Codes: 01930 (Gloucester), 02301 (Brockton), 02131 (Roslindale), and 02482 (Wellesley). Remember, you don’t have to live in these ZIP codes, your stories simply have to take place there. Your fiction or non-fiction must be 500 words or less.
The deadline is January 9th at 10pm EST. Learn how to submit here.
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607