New Developments In Research For Deadly Tay-Sachs Disease
We look at a new human gene therapy trial which will be starting up in Boston next year, to try to find ways to treat the always fatal Tay-Sachs disease. Children with the disease usually only live to be 4 or 5 years old.
- Carey Goldberg, co-host, WBUR’s Commonhealth
- Miguel Sena-Esteves, associate professor at UMass. Medical School
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607