Roomful Of Teeth Blends Vocal Styles From Around The World
What do you get when you cross Tuvan throat singing, a style that originated in southern Siberia, with a little alpine yodeling?
The eight person Berkshire-based vocal ensemble Roomful of Teeth. They’re a vocal group that experiments with non-classical vocal practices. And they’re unlike anything you’ve seen before.
- Brad Wells, founder, artistic director, Roomful of Teeth; Artist in Residence in Vocal Music at Williams College
- Virginia Warnken, alto, Roomful of Teeth
- Roomful of Teeth at MASSMoCA: August 26th at 8pm
Other stories from this show:
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607