ZIP Code 02139: ‘Smedley’s Secret Guide To World Literature'
Author Askold Melnyczuk moved to Cambridge 35 years ago. Now living in Medford, Melnyczuk still uses the city as a backdrop for much of his fiction. In his latest novel, currently in development, Melnyczuk writes of a 15-year-old Cantabrigian who explores all of what the city has to offer. As part of Radio Boston’s ZIP-Code Stories project, Melnyczuk gives us a sneak peak into his latest novel, “Smedley’s Secret Guide To World Literature,” set in Cambridge. Learn more about ZIP-Code Stories, a collaboration between Radio Boston and The Drum. Guest:
- Askold Melnyczuk, author, “Smedley’s Secret Guide To World Literature”
- Henriette Lazaridis Power, editor, The Drum
- Read an excerpt from “Smedley’s Secret Guide To World Literature”
- The Drum: Listen to “Smedley’s Secret Guide To World Literature”
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607