On The Road (With The Whole Family)
Wendy Swart Grossman is no ordinary mom.
In January 2009, her husband Evan decided to leave his software job in London, where the family had been living for six years. Not knowing what to do next and understanding that 2009 was not the best time to be on the job market, the family made a brave and depending who you ask, crazy decision.
The idea: move back to the States, buy an RV, pull the kids out of school, and travel. For seven months. Together.
The Swart Grossman family, post adventure, now lives in Brookline.
“Behind The Wheel: A Mother’s Journal of a Year on the Road” is Wendy Swart Grossman‘s diary of those seven months: the highs, the lows, the very lows, and the reasons why it was all worth it. She shared her experiences with us.
- Wendy Swart Grossman, author, “Behind the Wheel”
- Family Adventure Year, the Grossman family web journal
- Reading: The Concord Library, Sunday July 31 at 3p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607