Richard Russo Picked For One City, One Story
The One City, One Story project aims to get everyone in Boston, reading the same story, at the same time. It’s an idealized notion, but last year the Boston Book Festival organizers distributed some 30,000 copies of a Tom Perrotta short story around the city.
This year, they’ve selected a story from Richard Russo, author of the Pulitzer Prize winning novel, “Empire Falls.” The short story they’ve selected is “The Whore’s Child,” and tells the story of a aging nun who’s reflecting back on her difficult life through writing.
- Richard Russo, Pulitzer Prize winning author
- Deborah Porter, founding president of the Boston Book Festival
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607