MIT Hopes For A New Kendall Square
When you hear “Kendall Square,” chances are you don’t think of a bustling neighborhood filled with shops, dining and entertainment. If planners at MIT have their way, however, you might in a few years.
MIT hopes to transform Kendall Square from a cold, business-like environment into a popular neighborhood with a vibrant mix of outdoor cafes, retail stores, office space, and housing. You can see and hear parts of the proposal above.
- Micahel Owu, director of real estate, MIT Investment Management Company
- Steve Marsh, managing director, MIT Investment Management Company
- Sarah Gallop, co-director, government and community relations, MIT
- Charlie Marquardt, board member, East Cambridge Planning Team
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607