Moms Who Can’t Breast Feed Face Challenges
For a variety of reasons, some new moms can’t produce enough breast milk. Many of these women still want breast milk for their children, putting them in a bind.
As NPR reported on Monday, some moms who can’t nurse have had success finding donated milk online and on facebook. Some women are turning to what are known as milk banks to find donated breast milk for their children.
We take a look at the process of finding available breast milk, both online and through a milk bank.
- Naomi Bar-Yam, Ph.D, executive director, Mothers’ Milk Bank of New England
- Emma Kwasnica, founder, Eats on Feets Global Network
Other stories from this show:
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607