The Horror In Haiti Up Close
Four doctors and eight nurses from Children’s Hospital Boston recently spent a week in Haiti assisting a pediatric unit at Bernard Mevs Hospital in Port au Prince. Two members of the medical party join us to talk about the scene in Haiti, the cholera epidemic, and what’s being done to keep children safe.
- Denise Anderson, R.N. Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Children’s Hospital Boston
- Dr. Dennis Rosen, M.D. Pediatric Pulmonologist and Sleep Specialist, Children’s Hospital Boston
- Project Medishare, Haiti
- New York Times: Weighing the Lives of Babies in Haiti
- Daily Mail: The shocking image that lays bare Haiti’s torment
Other stories from this show:
Host Meghna Chakrabarti introduces us to newsmakers, big thinkers and artists and brings us stories of relevance to Bostonians here and around the region. Live every weekday at 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607