Fairytales Remixed In 'Grimm' Mash-Up
Company One, the Resident Theater Company at the Boston Center for the Arts, asked seven local, accomplished playwrights to re-think and re-write their favorite Grimm fairy tale. Months later, a production of swagger, wit and political and social relevance is born.
We talk to the artistic director and a local playwright and Grimm participant.
- Shawn LaCount, artistic director, Company One
- Lydia Diamond, playwright and assistant professor of playwrighting and theater arts at Boston University. Most recently wrote “Stick Fly,” performed this spring at the Huntington Theater, where she is an alumnus of the Playwrighting Fellows Program.
- GRIMM, a production by Company One
WBUR's Sacha Pfeiffer is co-hosting Radio Boston while Meghna Chakrabarti is on maternity leave.
- Listen: Weekdays, 3 p.m. on 90.9 FM
- Live Call-In: (800) 423-TALK
- Listener Voicemail: (617) 358-0607